German Chocolate Cake

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
What's up folks! Craving a taste of nostalgia? This German Chocolate Cake recipe has you covered! 🍰💕 Dive into layers of rich chocolate and heavenly coconut-pecan frosting – it's a slice of pure bliss! Perfect for any occasion or simply treating yourself to something sweet. 😋🥥 #CakeLove #SweetIndulgence #TreatYourself

German Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:

• 2 (4-oz.) German's sweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
  • 1/2 cup strong brewed hot coffee
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided, plus extra for pan
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 4 large eggs, separated
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup whole buttermilk
  • Coconut-Pecan Frosting

German Chocolate Cake (1).jpg

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium microwavable bowl, stir together chopped chocolate and hot coffee. Microwave on HIGH until melted and smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside.
  3. In another medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking soda, and salt.
  4. In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition.
  5. Add melted chocolate mixture and vanilla to the butter mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
  6. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended after each addition.
  7. In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Gently fold into batter.
  8. Divide batter among the 3 prepared pans.
  9. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 24 to 28 minutes.
  10. Remove pans from oven and cool on wire racks for 15 minutes. Then, remove cakes from pans and transfer to wire racks to cool completely, about 1 hour.
  11. Press slightly warm Coconut-Pecan Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Let stand until frosting is completely cool and set, about 15 minutes.

Enjoy your delicious German Chocolate Cake!

I've always been a fan of the rich, chocolatey layers combined with that delicious coconut-pecan frosting. Can't wait to try baking it myself. Thanks for sharing such a classic treat! Do you have any tips for making the frosting extra creamy or any variations you've experimented with? Would love to hear your secrets! 😋✨

This German Chocolate Cake recipe looks amazing! 😍🍰 I've been meaning to try making one at home, and this recipe seems straightforward enough for even a beginner baker like me. The combination of rich chocolate cake, coconut pecan frosting, and that decadent chocolate ganache on top has my mouth watering already! Can't wait to give it a shot and impress my family with a homemade treat. 🥥🍫👩‍🍳

I've always been a fan of the rich, chocolatey layers combined with that delicious coconut-pecan frosting. Can't wait to try baking it myself. Thanks for sharing such a classic treat! Do you have any tips for making the frosting extra creamy or any variations you've experimented with? Would love to hear your secrets! 😋✨
Thanks! 😊 Glad you're keen to try it out. For extra creamy frosting, whip it longer or add a bit of cream. Experimenting with a hint of espresso adds a nice twist too! Enjoy baking! 😋

German chocolate cake? 🍰🇩🇪 Treat yourself to this rich and indulgent dessert featuring layers of moist chocolate cake filled and topped with a luscious coconut-pecan frosting for a sweet and satisfying treat that's perfect for any celebration or special occasion!

What's up folks! Craving a taste of nostalgia? This German Chocolate Cake recipe has you covered! 🍰💕 Dive into layers of rich chocolate and heavenly coconut-pecan frosting – it's a slice of pure bliss! Perfect for any occasion or simply treating yourself to something sweet. 😋🥥 #CakeLove #SweetIndulgence #TreatYourself

German Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:

• 2 (4-oz.) German's sweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
  • 1/2 cup strong brewed hot coffee
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided, plus extra for pan
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 4 large eggs, separated
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup whole buttermilk
  • Coconut-Pecan Frosting

View attachment 3598

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium microwavable bowl, stir together chopped chocolate and hot coffee. Microwave on HIGH until melted and smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside.
  3. In another medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking soda, and salt.
  4. In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition.
  5. Add melted chocolate mixture and vanilla to the butter mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
  6. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended after each addition.
  7. In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Gently fold into batter.
  8. Divide batter among the 3 prepared pans.
  9. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 24 to 28 minutes.
  10. Remove pans from oven and cool on wire racks for 15 minutes. Then, remove cakes from pans and transfer to wire racks to cool completely, about 1 hour.
  11. Press slightly warm Coconut-Pecan Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Let stand until frosting is completely cool and set, about 15 minutes.

Enjoy your delicious German Chocolate Cake!
This German Chocolate Cake recipe looks divine! Has anyone tried adding a layer of caramel in the middle? I bet it makes it even more indulgent. Can't wait to bake this for my next celebration! 🎂🍫🥥

Back