German Wiener Schnitzel Recipe

corbin

Culinary Explorer
Looking to bring a taste of Germany to your dinner table? Wiener Schnitzel is a timeless classic that’s sure to please. Thinly sliced veal or pork, coated in breadcrumbs and fried until crispy and golden brown – it’s simple yet incredibly delicious!
1156×977
231 kB

German Wiener Schnitzel.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 4 veal or pork cutlets, pounded to about 1/4-inch thickness
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • All-purpose flour, for dredging
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Lemon wedges, for serving
  • Parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Cutlets: Season the veal or pork cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
  2. Dredge in Flour: Place some flour on a plate or shallow dish. Dredge each cutlet in the flour, shaking off any excess.
  3. Coat in Eggs: Dip the floured cutlets into the beaten eggs, ensuring they are evenly coated.
  4. Coat in Breadcrumbs: Coat the cutlets in breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere the breadcrumbs to the surface.
  5. Heat Oil: In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
  6. Fry the Cutlets: Carefully place the breaded cutlets in the hot oil, cooking for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. You may need to work in batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet.
  7. Drain and Serve: Once cooked, transfer the Wiener Schnitzel to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
  8. Serve: Serve the Wiener Schnitzel hot, garnished with lemon wedges and chopped parsley if desired. Traditional accompaniments include potato salad or parsley potatoes.
Enjoy the crispy exterior and tender interior of this iconic German dish – it’s sure to become a favorite at your dinner table!

This Wiener Schnitzel looks schnitzel-icious! :love: Golden brown, crispy perfection - gotta love a classic like this. Thanks for sharing! 🫶

Thanks a bunch for sharing your German Wiener Schnitzel recipe! 🇩🇪🍽️ It's such a classic dish that's always a hit at my dinner table. I love the crispy coating and tender meat inside. Your recipe looks simple yet delicious. Do you have any tips for achieving the perfect golden crust? I'm always looking to up my schnitzel game! Thanks again for sharing this tasty treat with us! 🥩👌

Your German Wiener Schnitzel recipe looks amazing! 🇩🇪🍖 Can't wait to recreate this classic dish at home. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe with us!

Back