Glutinous Rice Balls Recipe

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
Glutinous Rice Balls Recipe.jpg
Hey everyone! I recently tried making glutinous rice balls, also known as tangyuan, which are a favorite in my family during festive occasions. These sweet, chewy balls filled with sesame or peanut paste are such a comforting treat!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup glutinous rice flour
  • 1/2 cup water (adjust as needed)
  • 1/2 cup black sesame paste or peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup sugar (optional, to sweeten the filling)
  • 4 cups water (for boiling)
  • Optional: sweet ginger syrup or warm water with sugar for serving
Instructions:
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour with water, adding a little at a time, until it forms a smooth dough.
  2. Divide the dough into small, equal-sized pieces and roll them into balls.
  3. Flatten each ball, place a small amount of sesame paste or peanut butter in the center, then carefully fold the dough over the filling and roll it back into a ball.
  4. Bring a pot of water to a boil and gently drop the rice balls into the water.
  5. Cook until the rice balls float to the top, about 5-7 minutes.
  6. Serve the glutinous rice balls in sweet ginger syrup or warm water with sugar.
I hope you enjoy these glutinous rice balls as much as we do. They’re perfect for celebrating special occasions. Let me know how yours turn out! 🍡

Glutinous rice balls recipe, love it! 😍 Such a comforting and nostalgic treat. Can't wait to roll up some of these chewy delights and enjoy them with a cozy cup of tea. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Tried cooking these glutinous rice balls last weekend and it was surprisingly easy! A great recipe for beginners like me. 💪
View attachment 3661Hey everyone! I recently tried making glutinous rice balls, also known as tangyuan, which are a favorite in my family during festive occasions. These sweet, chewy balls filled with sesame or peanut paste are such a comforting treat!

Ingredients:
Instructions:
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour with water, adding a little at a time, until it forms a smooth dough.
  3. Flatten each ball, place a small amount of sesame paste or peanut butter in the center, then carefully fold the dough over the filling and roll it back into a ball.
  4. Bring a pot of water to a boil and gently drop the rice balls into the water.
  6. Serve the glutinous rice balls in sweet ginger syrup or warm water with sugar.
I hope you enjoy these glutinous rice balls as much as we do. They’re perfect for celebrating special occasions. Let me know how yours turn out! 🍡

View attachment 3661Hey everyone! I recently tried making glutinous rice balls, also known as tangyuan, which are a favorite in my family during festive occasions. These sweet, chewy balls filled with sesame or peanut paste are such a comforting treat!

Ingredients:
Instructions:
These glutinous rice balls look so delicious and comforting! Has anyone tried filling them with sweet red bean paste or peanut butter for a tasty surprise? Can't wait to make these for dessert! 🍡🥜🍓

Back