Greek Kofta Kebabs Recipe 🥙✨

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
Hello, If you're looking to bring some Mediterranean magic to your kitchen, these Greek Kofta Kebabs are a must-try! Packed with bold flavors and a hint of that secret ingredient, this dish is perfect for a cozy family dinner or impressing your friends at a BBQ. Plus, the creamy, tangy secret sauce takes it to the next level. Trust me, you'll want to make this a regular on your menu! Let’s dive in and get cooking!
Greek Kofta Kebabs Recipe 🥙✨.jpg

Ingredients:
Kofta Kebab:

• 500g (1 lb) lamb mince (or a mix of lamb and beef)
  • 3 large garlic cloves, crushed or finely grated
  • 2 tsp paprika (regular/sweet)
  • 2 tsp mustard powder
  • 4 ½ tsp dried oregano
  • 1 ½ tsp curry powder (mild, any brand)
  • ¾ tsp cooking salt/kosher salt
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
For Cooking:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 8 skewers (optional)
Secret Sauce:
  • ¾ cup plain yogurt (preferably Greek, full-fat)
  • 2 tbsp mayonnaise (preferably whole-egg)
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbsp American yellow mustard
  • 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
  • 1 ½ tsp paprika (sweet/regular)
  • ½ tsp cooking salt/kosher salt
Serving:
  • 4 Greek pita bread, warmed
  • 2 tomatoes, halved and sliced
  • ½ red onion, finely sliced or chopped
  • Iceberg lettuce, finely sliced (or any leafy greens)
Instructions:
  1. Make the Sauce – Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set it aside to let those flavors meld while you prepare the kebabs.
  2. Prepare the Kofta Kebabs – Combine all the kofta ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands until the spices are evenly distributed. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and shape each into a 5-inch log. Thread onto skewers (if using) and flatten slightly to about ½-inch thick.
  3. Cook the Koftas – Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook half of the koftas for about 2 minutes on each side until golden, then sear the short edges for about 30 seconds. Adjust the heat if they’re browning too quickly. Transfer to a serving plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining koftas.
  4. Serve and Assemble – Lay out the lettuce, tomato, and onion on a plate and place the sauce in a bowl. To assemble, grab a warm pita, spread some sauce down the middle, add lettuce, top with 1 or 2 koftas (remove from skewers if you used them), tuck in some tomato slices, and sprinkle with onion. Fold it up and enjoy!

These Greek Kofta Kebabs are going to be a hit! 🥳🔥 Perfectly seasoned, juicy, and with that killer sauce, you’ll be making this recipe again and again.

I’m always looking for new ways to bring bold flavors to my meals, and these Greek Kofta Kebabs seem like a total winner. The combo of lamb and beef with those spices has me excited to try this out. And that secret sauce? I can already tell it’s going to be a game-changer. Can’t wait to impress my family with this one—thanks for sharing! 🌟🍴

These Greek Kofta Kebabs look incredible! 😍🥙 The blend of spices and flavors sounds amazing. Can’t wait to try these for a deliciously savory meal!

I made this recipe about 7 times now. Making a batch as I'm writing this. These are the best recipe have ever made, they became my go-to. They are super simple and super delicious. By far the best recipe I tried. :)(y)(y)

I’m always looking for new ways to bring bold flavors to my meals, and these Greek Kofta Kebabs seem like a total winner. The combo of lamb and beef with those spices has me excited to try this out. And that secret sauce? I can already tell it’s going to be a game-changer. Can’t wait to impress my family with this one—thanks for sharing! 🌟🍴

Hey, so stoked you’re excited for the Greek Kofta Kebabs! 😄 Can’t wait to hear how your fam loves it!

These Greek Kofta Kebabs look incredible! 😍🥙 The blend of spices and flavors sounds amazing. Can’t wait to try these for a deliciously savory meal!

Thanks a ton for checking it out! Glad you’re excited to try the Greek Kofta Kebabs—hope they turn out super tasty! 😋

I made this recipe about 7 times now. Making a batch as I'm writing this. These are the best recipe have ever made, they became my go-to. They are super simple and super delicious. By far the best recipe I tried. :)(y)(y)

Wow, that’s awesome to hear! 🙌 So glad you’re loving the recipe and it's become your go-to! Thanks for giving it a try and sharing your feedback!

Back