Green bean casserole: fresh or canned beans—what’s your pick?

bbcarmela

Culinary Explorer
Quick question for all you casserole experts out there: when it comes to green bean casserole, do you prefer using fresh or canned beans? I'm trying to decide which to use. Does it really make a difference in the overall flavor or texture? 🤔

Quick question for all you casserole experts out there: when it comes to green bean casserole, do you prefer using fresh or canned beans? I'm trying to decide which to use. Does it really make a difference in the overall flavor or texture? 64×64 png
3.1 kB
I recommend using fresh green beans for your casserole. They give a crunchier texture and a fresher flavor compared to canned ones. Plus, they hold up better in the dish without becoming too soft. Have you tried using fresh beans before?

Oh, great debate! I’m all about fresh beans for that crisp texture and vibrant flavor, but canned beans can be super convenient and still tasty. What’s your go-to for green bean casserole? Fresh or canned? 🤔👌

Fresh green beans offer a crispier texture and fresher flavor, while canned beans are more convenient but can be softer and less vibrant; the choice depends on your texture and flavor preferences! 🥘🌱

Back