Grilled Pork Liempo with Celery Salad Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes for a delicious dinner – Grilled Pork Liempo with a Celery Salad. It's a great combination of savory and refreshing flavors. Hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:

For the Pork Liempo:

• 1.5 lbs pork belly slices (liempo)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup calamansi juice (or lemon juice)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Celery Salad:

• 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
  • 1 apple, thinly sliced (I prefer Fuji or Granny Smith)
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. Marinate the Pork Liempo:
    • In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, calamansi juice, minced garlic, brown sugar, ground black pepper, paprika, salt, and chili flakes (if using).
    • Add the pork belly slices to the marinade, ensuring they are well coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
  2. Prepare the Celery Salad:
    • In a large bowl, combine the thinly sliced celery, apple, raisins, and chopped walnuts.
    • In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the celery mixture and toss until everything is evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  3. Grill the Pork Liempo:
    • Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Brush the grill grates with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
    • Grill the marinated pork belly slices for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until they are nicely charred and cooked through. Baste occasionally with the remaining marinade for extra flavor.
  4. Serve:
    • Arrange the grilled pork liempo on a serving platter. Serve alongside the chilled celery salad for a refreshing contrast to the rich, savory pork.
      Grilled Pork Liempo with Celery Salad Recipe.jpg
This Grilled Pork Liempo with Celery Salad is a great balance of flavors and textures, making it a perfect meal for any occasion. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Any tips or variations are always welcome.

Happy grilling!

That sounds awesome! Grilled Pork Liempo with Celery Salad is such a cool mix of savory and fresh vibes, perfect for dinner. Can’t wait to give it a try – bet it’s gonna be a hit! 🍽️🥗

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes for a delicious dinner – Grilled Pork Liempo with a Celery Salad. It's a great combination of savory and refreshing flavors. Hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:

For the Pork Liempo:

• 1.5 lbs pork belly slices (liempo)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup calamansi juice (or lemon juice)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Celery Salad:

• 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
  • 1 apple, thinly sliced (I prefer Fuji or Granny Smith)
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. Marinate the Pork Liempo:
    • In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, calamansi juice, minced garlic, brown sugar, ground black pepper, paprika, salt, and chili flakes (if using).
    • Add the pork belly slices to the marinade, ensuring they are well coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
  2. Prepare the Celery Salad:
    • In a large bowl, combine the thinly sliced celery, apple, raisins, and chopped walnuts.
    • In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the celery mixture and toss until everything is evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  3. Grill the Pork Liempo:
    • Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Brush the grill grates with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
    • Grill the marinated pork belly slices for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until they are nicely charred and cooked through. Baste occasionally with the remaining marinade for extra flavor.
  4. Serve:
    • Arrange the grilled pork liempo on a serving platter. Serve alongside the chilled celery salad for a refreshing contrast to the rich, savory pork.View attachment 3743
This Grilled Pork Liempo with Celery Salad is a great balance of flavors and textures, making it a perfect meal for any occasion. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Any tips or variations are always welcome.

Happy grilling!
This grilled pork liempo with celery salad recipe sounds delicious! Has anyone tried adding some apple slices to the celery salad for a sweet crunch? Can't wait to fire up the grill for this one! 🍖🥗🍏

This Grilled Pork Liempo with Celery Salad is a flavor-packed delight! The savory pork with a refreshing salad, raisins, and walnuts creates a perfect balance. Perfect for any occasion! 😋

Back