Hearty Ground Beef and Vegetable Skillet Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,
I wanted to share a recipe that's been a lifesaver on busy weeknights: my hearty ground beef and vegetable skillet. It's a one-pan wonder that's perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Here's what you'll need:
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced (any color you like)
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • Cooked rice or pasta (optional, for serving)
  • Grated cheese (optional, for topping)
Instructions:
  1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it apart with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
  2. Once the beef is cooked, remove any excess fat from the skillet, leaving about a tablespoon for flavor.
  3. Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  4. Stir in the diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
  5. Season the mixture with dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat the vegetables with the seasoning.
  6. Pour in the diced tomatoes (with their juices) and beef broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and the vegetables to become tender.
  7. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. If you like a saucier dish, you can add more beef broth or water.
  8. Serve the hearty ground beef and vegetable skillet hot, either on its own or over cooked rice or pasta. If you're feeling indulgent, top it with some grated cheese for an extra layer of deliciousness.
    1713861231794.jpeg
I hope you all give this recipe a try and find it as comforting and satisfying as I do. Can't wait to hear your feedback and see how you customize it to make it your own!

Hey everyone,
I wanted to share a recipe that's been a lifesaver on busy weeknights: my hearty ground beef and vegetable skillet. It's a one-pan wonder that's perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Here's what you'll need:
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced (any color you like)
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • Cooked rice or pasta (optional, for serving)
  • Grated cheese (optional, for topping)
Instructions:
  1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it apart with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
  2. Once the beef is cooked, remove any excess fat from the skillet, leaving about a tablespoon for flavor.
  3. Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  4. Stir in the diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
  5. Season the mixture with dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat the vegetables with the seasoning.
  6. Pour in the diced tomatoes (with their juices) and beef broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and the vegetables to become tender.
  7. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. If you like a saucier dish, you can add more beef broth or water.
  8. Serve the hearty ground beef and vegetable skillet hot, either on its own or over cooked rice or pasta. If you're feeling indulgent, top it with some grated cheese for an extra layer of deliciousness.View attachment 2344
I hope you all give this recipe a try and find it as comforting and satisfying as I do. Can't wait to hear your feedback and see how you customize it to make it your own!
This recipe is absolutely delicious! 😋 I tried it last night, and my whole family loved it. Thank you for sharing! 🙌🥩🥦🍅🍴

Thank you for sharing this hearty Ground Beef and Vegetable Skillet recipe! 🍲🥩 It looks like the perfect one-pan meal for busy weeknights, packed with flavor and wholesome goodness. 🌟😋

Back