Help! Why did my M&M cookies flatten out?

corbin

Culinary Explorer
Hi all, I just baked a batch of M&M cookies and they came out way too flat. What could be going wrong? Would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions! 🍪

Hey! It could be a few things causing your cookies to flatten out. You might want to check the temperature of your butter—it should be softened but not melted. Also, make sure your baking soda is fresh. Another tip is to chill the dough before baking. Good luck! 🍪👩‍🍳

I think the butter might have been too warm. Chilling the dough can help keep cookies from spreading. 😊

Hi all, I just baked a batch of M&M cookies and they came out way too flat. What could be going wrong? Would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions! 🍪
Uh oh, flat M&M cookies! Could be too much sugar or butter, not enough flour, or maybe they didn't chill enough before baking. Don't sweat it, they'll still be yummy! ;) Try checking your recipe and googling for troubleshooting tips next time!

It sounds like your dough might have been too warm or your baking soda could be old. Try chilling the dough before baking—it helps the cookies keep their shape better. I've found this trick really improves how mine turn out. Have you tried adjusting the oven temperature too? That can make a big difference. Good luck with your next batch!

Your M&M cookies flattened out because the dough was too warm or the oven temperature was too low during baking. 🍪

Back