Help! Why do my cut-out cookies always puff up and lose their shape?

baemonfan33

Novice Foodie
Oh no, baking friends! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ Every time I bake cut-out cookies, they puff up and lose their shapes. I wanted perfect stars and hearts, but they just turn into blobs. ๐ŸŒŸโค๏ธ Does anyone know why this happens or how to keep them looking nice? Any advice would be super appreciated! ๐Ÿช

I think chilling the dough before cutting might help. It keeps the cookies from spreading too much while baking. Also, be sure not to overmix the dough. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Too much baking powder or soda are what make cookies rise, but too much can make them spread too thin. Double-check the recipe and make sure you're using the right amount. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Œโœจ

I think your cut-out cookies puff up and lose their shape because the dough might be too warm, or you may be using too much baking powder or baking soda. ๐Ÿช๐Ÿค”

No worries, I got you! If your cut-out cookies puff up and lose their shape, it could be because of too much flour or overmixing the dough. Make sure to chill the dough for at least an hour before cutting, and try using parchment paper on the baking sheet. This helps keep those adorable shapes intact! Happy baking

Back