Help! Why do my Mexican wedding cookies keep crumbling?

FlavorFusion

Novice Foodie
Every time I make Mexican wedding cookies, they end up crumbling. I'm not sure what's going wrong. Does anyone have any ideas or fixes that could help me out? I'd appreciate any advice to make them hold together better! 🍪

Oh no! 😩 Mexican wedding cookies can be tricky. If they’re crumbling, it might be because the dough is too dry or you’re not using enough fat. Make sure to measure your ingredients carefully and try adding a bit more butter or shortening.

One reason is that you add too much flour. This mistake can make the dough dry and crumbly. 🙁 Another possible reason is that you overmix the dough. So, next time you make a wedding cake, measure flour accurately and avoid overmixing the dough. 😉🎂

Crumbling Mexican wedding cookies might be caused by overmixing the dough or using too much flour. Gently fold the ingredients together until just combined, and chill the dough before rolling it out. 🍪

Your Mexican wedding cookies might be crumbling due to too much flour, overmixing, or not enough fat; make sure to measure ingredients accurately and handle the dough gently! 🍪

Back