Hey folks, any ideas why my chocolate cream pie won't set?

Dom

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🍫 My chocolate cream pie just won't set, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why! 🤔 Any ideas or tips on what might be causing this? I followed the recipe to a T, but it's still as liquid as when I poured it in the pan. Thanks in advance for your help!

Undercooked filling is the most common reason. Custard-based fillings need to reach a specific temperature (usually around 160°F) to set properly. Did you use a thermometer to check the doneness of your filling? 🙂👌😉✨

Hey everyone! 🍫 My chocolate cream pie just won't set, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why! 🤔 Any ideas or tips on what might be causing this? I followed the recipe to a T, but it's still as liquid as when I poured it in the pan. Thanks in advance for your help!
Oh no! A runny chocolate cream pie can be a bummer. It could be a couple of things. Did your pie have enough fridge time? Chocolate cream pie needs a good long chill to set up perfectly. If not, that might be the culprit!

Make sure to cook the custard filling enough and chill the pie long before serving. Enjoy your perfect chocolate cream pie! 🍫🥧

Back