Hey foodies! Is Thousand Island dressing just a mix of ketchup and mayo?

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies! 😊🍽️ I've always thought Thousand Island dressing was just a mix of ketchup and mayo, but I've heard rumors there might be more to it. 🤔 Can anyone shed some light on its ingredients and how it's made? Thanks in advance for satisfying my curiosity!

Hey! 👋 You're onto something, but Thousand Island dressing is more than just ketchup and mayo! It typically includes ingredients like pickle relish, onions, and sometimes hard-boiled eggs for that signature tangy flavor and texture. Some recipes might have variations, but those are the basics. It's super easy to make at home too if you're into DIY condiments! 🥒🥚

Hey foodies! 😊🍽️ I've always thought Thousand Island dressing was just a mix of ketchup and mayo, but I've heard rumors there might be more to it. 🤔 Can anyone shed some light on its ingredients and how it's made? Thanks in advance for satisfying my curiosity!
Thousand Island dressing typically includes ingredients like mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, vinegar, and finely chopped onion. Some variations might also include additional ingredients like Worcestershire sauce, mustard, or hard-boiled egg. So, while mayo and ketchup are part of it, there's more to the mix!

Back