Hiyashi Chuka - Cold Ramen Salad

Ruth_

Tasty Apprentice
As the summer heat kicks in, there's nothing better than a refreshing dish that still packs a punch of flavor! Hiyashi Chuka is a Japanese cold ramen salad that's perfect for these warm days. It's light, colorful, and loaded with fresh veggies, tender noodles, and a tangy dressing that brings it all together. Whether you're enjoying it for lunch or dinner, this dish is sure to hit the spot. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!

🍜 Ingredients:

• 200g ramen noodles
  • 1 cucumber, julienned
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 2 slices of ham, cut into strips
  • 2 eggs, scrambled and sliced thin
  • 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp mustard (optional)
🥗 Instructions:

1. Cook the ramen noodles according to package instructions, then rinse with cold water and drain well.
  2. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and mustard to make the dressing.
  3. Arrange the noodles on a plate, then top with cucumber, carrot, ham, eggs, and cherry tomatoes.
  4. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss everything together.
  5. Serve immediately and enjoy your cool, delicious meal!
Hiyashi Chuka.jpg

Hiyashi Chuka is so refreshing, especially on a hot day! 🍜🥒 Do you top it with the classic tamago and ham, or switch it up with other proteins? The tangy dressing ties everything together so well!

Sounds delicious! 😋 Perfect for beating the summer heat! 🌞 I'll definitely give Hiyashi Chuka a try. Thanks for the recommendation! 👍🥢

This cold ramen salad is just what I needed for a light lunch! 🥕🥒 The addition of mustard is an interesting touch. I’ll definitely try it out!

Back