Homemade Alfajores Recipe - Irresistible Argentinean Cookies 🍪

wolfgang

Culinary Explorer
I would love to share with you these traditional South American cookies! It's a delightful treat, featuring delicate buttery cookies sandwiched together with creamy dulce de leche and coated in powdered sugar. Perfect for any occasion, from afternoon tea to festive celebrations, these Alfajores will surely impress your taste buds and guests alike.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
    Homemade Alfajores Recipe - Irresistible Argentinean Cookies.jpg
  • 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup (65g) cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup (300g) dulce de leche
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting
Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract to the butter mixture, and beat until well combined.
  3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder.
  4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until a soft dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
  5. Divide the dough into two equal portions, shape each portion into a disc, and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
  6. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of the dough to about 1/4 inch (6mm) thickness. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
  8. Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between each one. Re-roll any scraps and cut out more cookies.
  9. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
  10. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
  11. Once the cookies are completely cooled, spread a generous amount of dulce de leche onto the bottom side of half of the cookies.
  12. Top each dulce de leche-covered cookie with another cookie to form a sandwich.
  13. Dust the tops of the Alfajores with powdered sugar.
  14. Serve and enjoy these delightful Alfajores with a cup of coffee or tea!
These homemade Alfajores are sure to impress with their melt-in-your-mouth texture and irresistible flavor. Share them with friends and family, or indulge in them all yourself – we won't judge!

Just made these Alfajores for a family gathering, and they were a huge hit! The buttery cookies are so delicate and melt-in-your-mouth, and the creamy dulce de leche filling adds the perfect touch of sweetness. Plus, they're absolutely gorgeous with a dusting of powdered sugar on top!

Your detailed description of the Alfajores certainly paints a vivid picture of their taste and texture. Even if I hadn't tasted them before, your description makes them sound absolutely irresistible. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for these delightful treats! ;)

Your detailed description of the Alfajores certainly paints a vivid picture of their taste and texture. Even if I hadn't tasted them before, your description makes them sound absolutely irresistible. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for these delightful treats! ;)
Hey there! They are something special, aren't they? If you ever get the chance to try them, I'm sure you won't be disappointed! Happy baking! 😊🍪

Hey there! They are something special, aren't they? If you ever get the chance to try them, I'm sure you won't be disappointed! Happy baking! 😊🍪
I agree! I think there's something special about homemade treats. I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out once I give them a go. 😊

Back