Homemade Chicken Adobo Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hello fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I'm excited to share with you one of my all-time favorite Filipino recipes: Chicken Adobo. This dish holds a special place in my heart, as it's not only incredibly delicious but also a comforting reminder of home. Without further ado, let's dive into the ingredients and steps to make this savory delight.
1712384581343.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup vinegar (white or cane vinegar works well)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional, for a slightly sweeter flavor)
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • Salt to taste
  • Cooked rice, for serving
Instructions:
  1. Start by marinating the chicken thighs. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, sliced onion, bay leaves, and whole peppercorns. Mix well.
  2. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade, making sure they are fully coated. Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight for maximum flavor.
  3. After marinating, heat the cooking oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside. Reserve the marinade for later use.
  4. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs to the skillet, skin side down. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
  5. Flip the chicken thighs and add the reserved marinade to the skillet. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and fully cooked, and the sauce has thickened slightly.
  6. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and brown sugar if desired.
  7. Once the chicken adobo is done, serve it hot with steamed rice. Don't forget to spoon some of that delicious sauce over the chicken and rice. Enjoy the comforting flavors of this classic Filipino dish!
Feel free to share your thoughts, variations, or any other favorite Filipino recipes you'd like to exchange. Let's keep the culinary conversation going!

Hello fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I'm excited to share with you one of my all-time favorite Filipino recipes: Chicken Adobo. This dish holds a special place in my heart, as it's not only incredibly delicious but also a comforting reminder of home. Without further ado, let's dive into the ingredients and steps to make this savory delight.View attachment 1455
Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup vinegar (white or cane vinegar works well)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional, for a slightly sweeter flavor)
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • Salt to taste
  • Cooked rice, for serving
Instructions:
  1. Start by marinating the chicken thighs. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, sliced onion, bay leaves, and whole peppercorns. Mix well.
  2. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade, making sure they are fully coated. Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight for maximum flavor.
  3. After marinating, heat the cooking oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside. Reserve the marinade for later use.
  4. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs to the skillet, skin side down. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
  5. Flip the chicken thighs and add the reserved marinade to the skillet. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and fully cooked, and the sauce has thickened slightly.
  6. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and brown sugar if desired.
  7. Once the chicken adobo is done, serve it hot with steamed rice. Don't forget to spoon some of that delicious sauce over the chicken and rice. Enjoy the comforting flavors of this classic Filipino dish!
Feel free to share your thoughts, variations, or any other favorite Filipino recipes you'd like to exchange. Let's keep the culinary conversation going!
Thanks for sharing the Homemade Chicken Adobo recipe! It sounds like a flavorful and comforting dish, perfect for enjoying the rich flavors of Filipino cuisine. Can't wait to cook up some tender chicken pieces simmered in a tangy and savory sauce. 🍗

Homemade Chicken Adobo, a classic favorite! 🍗🥢 Nothing beats the rich flavors of soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic. Plus, it's so versatile; you can enjoy it with rice, noodles, or veggies. Thanks for sharing; this recipe is definitely going on my to-cook list! 👩‍🍳👌

Back