Homemade Fig Bar

Horton

Culinary Explorer
Hi friends, I want to share this yummy Homemade Fig Bar. It's a delicious and wholesome treat, perfect for snacking or enjoying as a dessert. They're easy to make and bursting with natural flavors, making them a favorite for both kids and adults alike.šŸ˜‹
500Ɨ500
46.6 kB

figbars.jpg

Ingredients:

For the crust:

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
For the filling:

• 1 1/2 cups dried figs, stems removed and chopped
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350Ā°F (175Ā°C). Grease or line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal of the bars. Set aside.
  2. In a food processor, combine the chopped dried figs, water, honey or maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, and pinch of salt. Pulse until the mixture forms a thick paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined.
  4. Add the cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs and the butter is evenly distributed.
  5. Reserve about 1 cup of the crumb mixture for the topping. Press the remaining mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan to form an even layer.
  6. Spread the fig filling evenly over the crust layer in the baking pan.
  7. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture evenly over the fig filling, pressing lightly to adhere.
  8. Bake the Homemade Fig Bars in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
  9. Remove the baking pan from the oven and let the bars cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
  10. Once cooled, use the parchment paper overhang to lift the bars out of the pan. Place them on a cutting board and slice them into squares or bars.
  11. Serve the Homemade Fig Bars as a delicious snack or dessert, and enjoy the sweet and wholesome flavors!
Store any leftover bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.

Note:
You can customize the filling by adding other dried fruits such as dates, apricots, or raisins for added flavor and texture. Additionally, feel free to adjust the sweetness of the filling by adding more or less honey or maple syrup to suit your taste preferences.

Wow, these Homemade Fig Bars sound absolutely scrumptious! šŸ˜‹ Thanks for sharing the recipe! I can already imagine the burst of natural flavors in every bite. Can't wait to try making them for my next snack or dessert. You've definitely got my taste buds excited!

Tried this homemade fig bar recipe and I'm hooked! šŸ„° The bars came out so moist and flavorful, with just the right amount of sweetness from the fig filling. It's such a nostalgic treat, but way better than anything you can buy at the store. Can't wait to make another batch!

Back