Homemade Japanese Ramen

Clint08

Novice Foodie
Hey folks! 🍜 Do you desire a hot bowl of satisfying comfort food? I am sharing you my homemade Japanese Ramen recipe. Prepare yourself to begin a journey of culinary exploration. Time to start cooking! 🥢✨

Homemade Japanese Ramen.jpg

Ingredients​

Salted pork​

• 1 lb pork belly
  • 2 tsp salt

Soup​

• 6 cups water
  • 1 oz ginger root sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic skinned
  • 1 bunch green onions
  • 4 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 Tbsp sake
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp sesame oil

Noodles​

or if using pasta​

• 10 oz dried thin spaghetti
  • 8 cups water
  • 2 Tbsp baking soda

Topping​

• soft boiled egg halved
  • bean sprouts blanched briefly
  • green onions cut finely

Instructions​

• Rub salt on pork and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
  • Put water, ginger root, garlic, green onions and salted pork in a pot, and boil at high heat. Skim fat and other floating scum. Then cover, reduce to low heat, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (Or cook in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes. ) Let the broth and pork cool completely in pot. Strain and save the separated broth and pork.
  • Let the broth cool in the fridge at least a couple of hours or overnight, and then remove the solidified fat. Keep cooked pork in the fridge too so that it can be easily sliced later.
  • Prepare the rest of the toppings now as well (boiled eggs, blanched bean sprouts, cut green onions), before making the soup and noodles. Once the noodles are cooked, you will need to add the soup and toppings right away or the noodles will get soft, so you won't have time to prepare the toppings then.

Serve and enjoy!☺️

Sounds delicious! 🍜 This homemade Japanese Ramen recipe looks like a flavorful and comforting dish worth trying. I'm sure it'll be a hit! 🥢✨

I absolutely adore Japanese cuisine, especially ramen 😋😋 its a bowl of goodness that never fails to satisfy. Even though I haven’t tried making it at home yet, the idea of simmering rich broth, slurping up chewy noodles, and adding all those delicious toppings has me drooling. 🤤

Homemade Japanese Ramen: The bowl of comfort that makes you feel like a ramen master and a cozy champion all at once!

Back