Homemade Munchkins (Doughnut Holes)

Idris

Culinary Explorer
Homemade Munchkins are irresistible bite-sized treats that are perfect for satisfying your doughnut cravings. Made with a simple doughnut batter, fried to golden perfection, and coated in cinnamon sugar, these homemade munchkins are sure to delight both kids and adults alike. Enjoy them as a sweet snack or serve them as a fun and tasty dessert!
860×663
112.6 kB

doughnutholes.jpg

Ingredients:

For the doughnuts:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
For the cinnamon sugar coating:

• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg until well combined.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and eggs until smooth.
  3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
  4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the doughnut batter for at least 30 minutes to allow it to chill and firm up.
  5. While the doughnut batter is chilling, prepare the cinnamon sugar coating by combining the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
  6. Once the doughnut batter has chilled, heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large heavy-bottomed pot to 350°F (175°C).
  7. Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, carefully drop spoonfuls of the chilled doughnut batter into the hot oil, working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot.
  8. Fry the doughnut holes for about 2-3 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through, flipping them occasionally with a slotted spoon for even frying.
  9. Once the doughnut holes are cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
  10. While the doughnut holes are still warm, roll them in the cinnamon sugar coating until evenly coated.
  11. Transfer the coated munchkins to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
  12. Serve the Homemade Munchkins warm and enjoy the deliciously sweet and cinnamon-spiced flavor!
Store any leftover munchkins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to 1 month.

Note:
Feel free to customize your munchkins by adding a glaze or icing of your choice, such as chocolate glaze or powdered sugar glaze, for an extra layer of sweetness and flavor.

Your Homemade Munchkins recipe has me intrigued! 😋 I'm wondering, have you ever experimented with different coatings or toppings for these tasty treats? I'm excited to try your version and explore some creative variations! 🍩

Made these homemade munchkins for a brunch gathering and they were a hit! 🥳 Everyone couldn't get enough of them. The doughnut holes were so light and airy, and the cinnamon sugar coating was the perfect finishing touch. I'll never buy store-bought munchkins again after trying this recipe

Your Homemade Munchkins recipe has me intrigued! 😋 I'm wondering, have you ever experimented with different coatings or toppings for these tasty treats? I'm excited to try your version and explore some creative variations!
64×64 png
5.4 kB

🍩
yup, I'm adding different glaze and icing and it turns out great.

Homemade munchkins, huh? Who needs a trip to the donut shop when you can whip up these bite-sized balls of happiness right in your own kitchen? 🍩😋 Get ready for some serious munchin'!

Back