Homemade Overload Ramen

littlehomie

Novice Foodie
Hey, fellow ramen enthusiasts! I recently experimented with a homemade overload ramen recipe that I just had to share. It's packed with flavour and totally customizable with your favourite toppings. Check it out and let me know what you think!

RAMEN.jpeg

Ingredients
FOR SALTED PORK
  • 1 lb pork belly
  • 2 tsp salt
FOR SOUP
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 oz ginger root sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic skinned
  • 1 bunch green onions
  • 4 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 Tbsp sake
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp sesame oil
FOR NOODLES
  • 3-4 bunches Chukamen dried noodles
  • or if using pasta
  • 10 oz dried thin spaghetti
  • 8 cups water
  • 2 Tbsp baking soda
FOR TOPPINGS
  • soft-boiled egg halved
  • bean sprouts blanched briefly
  • green onions cut finely

Preparation:
  1. Rub salt on the pork and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
  2. Put water, ginger root, garlic, green onions and salted pork in a pot, and boil at high heat. Skim Fat and other floating scum. Then cover, reduce to low heat, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (Or cook in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes. ) Let the broth and pork cool completely in the pot. Strain and save the separated broth and pork.
  3. Let the broth cool in the fridge for at least a couple of hours or overnight, and then remove the solidified fat. Keep cooked pork in the fridge too so that it can be easily sliced later.
  4. Prepare the rest of the toppings now as well (boiled eggs, blanched bean sprouts, cut green onions), before making the soup and noodles. Once the noodles are cooked, you will need to add the soup and toppings right away or the noodles will get soft, so you won't have time to prepare the toppings then.
  5. Boil the broth and add soy sauce, sake, salt and sesame oil. Let it simmer at very low heat until the noodles are ready.
  6. Cook dried Chuka noodles according to the package. Just before the noodles are done, pour the soup into serving bowls. Strain water from the noodles and immediately divide the noodles into the serving bowls.
  7. If you are using dried thin spaghetti: In boiling water in a pot, add baking soda (be careful, it may boil over), then the spaghetti. Cook the pasta according to the package, and strain. Immediately divide the noodles into bowls with the soup.
  8. Top with boiled eggs, bean sprouts, green onions and sliced pork.
Who's up for a bowl of homemade overload ramen? Trust me, it's worth the effort!

Yum! Homemade Overload Ramen sounds amazing! 🍜🎉 There's something so satisfying about a bowl of ramen, especially when you load it up with all your favorite toppings. 🥕🍳 I'm definitely giving this recipe a try—it's the perfect comfort food! Thanks for sharing! 🙌😋

Hi!! I'm impressed by how you've included all the key ingredients to make it delicious. I'm definitely going to try this recipe soon. Have you tried adding any special toppings to your ramen?🥰

Back