Homemade Seaweed Salad🍽️

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hello there! After experimenting in the kitchen, I've perfected a homemade seaweed salad recipe that rivals even the best sushi restaurants. Get ready to be surprised by the taste of this delicious dish! 🥗🍴

Ingredients:
Seaweed Salad.jpg

• 4 cups mixed seaweed (such as wakame, hijiki, or kombu), rehydrated if dried
  • 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 1 carrot, julienned or grated
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
  • 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
  • Optional: sliced scallions, sliced radishes, or shredded cabbage for garnish
Instructions:
  1. If using dried seaweed, rehydrate it according to the package instructions. Drain well and set aside.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rehydrated seaweed, sliced cucumber, and julienned or grated carrot.
  3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey or sugar, grated ginger, and minced garlic to make the dressing.
  4. Pour the dressing over the seaweed and vegetable mixture, and toss until everything is well coated.
  5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  6. Before serving, sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the salad and garnish with sliced scallions, radishes, or shredded cabbage if desired.
  7. Serve the seaweed salad chilled as a refreshing appetizer or side dish.
I hope you all enjoy making this homemade seaweed salad as much as I do! It's a light and flavorful dish that's perfect for summer gatherings or anytime you're craving something healthy and delicious.

This homemade seaweed salad recipe is a winner! It's easy to whip up and bursting with flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

Back