Homemade Tteokbokki Recipe

Peachy

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! So, I've been really craving some Tteokbokki lately, and I thought, why not give it a shot in my own kitchen? After a bit of research and experimentation, I've come up with a recipe that I think you'll all love just as much as I do!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of rice cakes (tteok)
  • 2 cups of water
  • 2 tablespoons of gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
  • 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 green onion, chopped (for garnish)
  • 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced (optional)
  • 1 sheet of roasted seaweed, shredded (optional)
248f30b8ceda5e5cdd73209c248e1e1d.jpg
Instructions:

1. In a pot, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
  2. Add the rice cakes to the boiling water and let them cook for about 5 minutes, or until they become soft and chewy.
  3. While the rice cakes are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the gochujang, soy sauce, sugar, and minced garlic until well combined.
  4. Once the rice cakes are cooked, drain them from the water and set them aside.
  5. In the same pot, add the prepared sauce and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
  6. Add the cooked rice cakes to the simmering sauce and stir well to coat them evenly.
  7. Let the Tteokbokki simmer for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the rice cakes are coated and heated through.
  8. Once ready, transfer the Tteokbokki to a serving dish and garnish with chopped green onions.
  9. For an extra touch, you can add slices of hard-boiled egg and shredded roasted seaweed on top.
And there you have it! Homemade Tteokbokki right in your own kitchen. I hope you all enjoy making this spicy and comforting dish as much as I do. Let me know how it turns out for you! 🌶️🍚🥢

Hey everyone! So, I've been really craving some Tteokbokki lately, and I thought, why not give it a shot in my own kitchen? After a bit of research and experimentation, I've come up with a recipe that I think you'll all love just as much as I do!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar
View attachment 1202Instructions:
  2. Add the rice cakes to the boiling water and let them cook for about 5 minutes, or until they become soft and chewy.
  3. While the rice cakes are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the gochujang, soy sauce, sugar, and minced garlic until well combined.
  4. Once the rice cakes are cooked, drain them from the water and set them aside.
  5. In the same pot, add the prepared sauce and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
  6. Add the cooked rice cakes to the simmering sauce and stir well to coat them evenly.
  7. Let the Tteokbokki simmer for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the rice cakes are coated and heated through.
  8. Once ready, transfer the Tteokbokki to a serving dish and garnish with chopped green onions.
  9. For an extra touch, you can add slices of hard-boiled egg and shredded roasted seaweed on top.
And there you have it! Homemade Tteokbokki right in your own kitchen. I hope you all enjoy making this spicy and comforting dish as much as I do. Let me know how it turns out for you! 🌶️🍚🥢
What's the spice level on this? 🌶️ And do you think it would taste good with some extra veggies thrown in? 🥦🤔

Finally, a homemade Tteokbokki recipe! 🙌 Been wanting to make this dish for ages. Can't wait to gather the ingredients and give it a go. Thanks for sharing your version!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar
View attachment 1202Instructions:

Wow, thanks for sharing your homemade Tteokbokki recipe! It sounds absolutely delicious and I can't wait to give it a try. Your detailed instructions make it seem really approachable, even for someone like me who's not very experienced in Korean cooking. I appreciate you taking the time to share your culinary expertise with us. Looking forward to enjoying some homemade Tteokbokki soon!

Back