Hot Dog Burnt Ends Recipe

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
Hey friends! So, I tried this recipe just a week, and let me tell you, it’s a game-changer! If you love BBQ, you’re going to love this spin on it. These Hot Dog Burnt Ends are sweet, spicy, and full of flavor. Best part? They’re super easy and budget-friendly. I whipped these up for a backyard hangout, and they disappeared so fast! You’ll definitely want to add these to your next BBQ or even just as a fun snack for yourself! 😊

Hot Dog Burnt Ends.jpg
Ingredients:
  • 2 packages beef hot dogs
  • 1 cup yellow mustard
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
  2. In a large resealable bag, combine hot dogs, mustard, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and black pepper. Give the bag a good shake so the hot dogs are evenly coated with the mustard and spices.
  3. Spread the seasoned hot dogs out on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
  4. Once baked, remove the hot dogs from the oven and cut them into thirds. Turn the oven temperature up to 400°F (200°C).
  5. Toss the hot dog pieces with BBQ sauce in a bowl until they’re fully coated. Spread them back out on the baking sheet.
  6. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until they’re nice and caramelized.

Trust me, these are crazy good! 😋 Give 'em a try for your next BBQ!

Back