How boozy should a mint julep really be?

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Cocktail connoisseurs! 🍸 I'm perfecting my mint julep recipe and pondering over the alcohol content. How boozy is a mint julep supposed to be? 🥃 Should it pack a punch, or is it more about the subtle flavors mingling together? Keen to strike the right balance. Cheers for your insights! 🌿

I prefer my mint julep with a good amount of bourbon. The mint and sugar balance it out nicely. Perfect for a hot day! ☀️🍸

It’s meant to be a pretty strong drink, so I usually stick with 2 oz of bourbon. I think the key is balancing it with enough mint and sugar. 🥄

Cocktail connoisseurs! 🍸 I'm perfecting my mint julep recipe and pondering over the alcohol content. How boozy is a mint julep supposed to be? 🥃 Should it pack a punch, or is it more about the subtle flavors mingling together? Keen to strike the right balance. Cheers for your insights!
64×64 png
3.9 kB

🌿
A mint julep is all about Southern charm and a gentle bourbon breeze. It shouldn't knock you over! The mint and sugar balance the bourbon, so aim for a refreshing, minty taste with a hint of boozy warmth. Cheers!

A mint julep is all about Southern charm and a gentle bourbon breeze. It shouldn't knock you over! The mint and sugar balance the bourbon, so aim for a refreshing, minty taste with a hint of boozy warmth. Cheers!
Absolutely agree! The balance is key... too much bourbon and it loses its refreshing quality... keep it light and minty. 🍃✨

Back