How can I make my dinner rolls shiny?

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Hello everyone! I've been trying to perfect my dinner rolls to achieve that luxurious glossy finish seen in high-end bakeries, but they're missing that shine despite brushing with butter pre-baking. They end up not quite right without the desired gloss. Does anyone have advice on getting that shine without greasiness? Would love any tips!

Honey glaze is my secret for this one! Mix it with a little warm water and brush it over the rolls before baking. It can add both shine and sweetness your rolls ;)

Hello everyone! I've been trying to perfect my dinner rolls to achieve that luxurious glossy finish seen in high-end bakeries, but they're missing that shine despite brushing with butter pre-baking. They end up not quite right without the desired gloss. Does anyone have advice on getting that shine without greasiness? Would love any tips!
You can make your dinner rolls shiny by brushing them with an egg wash before baking. This gives them a glossy finish as they bake. Alternatively, you can also brush them with melted butter after they come out of the oven for a shiny appearance.

Back