How do I keep my enchiladas from getting soggy?

legendleejieun

Culinary Explorer
Oh no!! Need Help! Every time I make enchiladas, they end up verryyy soggy. I've tried frying tortillas lightly before baking and even experimented with less sauce. Nothing seems to work. anyone here knows any tips for keeping enchiladas crisp? I'm looking for methods that really make a difference. Appreciate your wisdom and tips thanks a bunch xx

To prevent soggy enchiladas, try lightly frying the tortillas before rolling and layering them with sauce strategically—bottom, filling, then sauce on top! 🌯🔥 This helps maintain their texture while ensuring a flavorful bite every time.

I think to keep your enchiladas from getting soggy, try lightly toasting the tortillas before filling and rolling them. Also, make sure to drain any excess liquid from your filling ingredients before assembling the enchiladas. This can help maintain their texture while baking.

A tip for enchiladas...Use a "salamander" grill. If you dont have one (professional chickens have this as a staple) then use the grill function on MAX heat for your oven. Pop it in for 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on it. That should crispy things up :)

Back