How do you keep popovers from sinking?

maltchaseal

Culinary Explorer
Hello peeps!! I'm a bit of troubled with my popovers 😭 They always seem to sink in the middle after I take them out of the oven. Any tips or tricks to keep them fluffy and tall? Would love to hear your experiences! 🥹

Hey! Quick tip: Make sure to preheat your popover pan and don't overmix the batter. That should help keep those popover fluffy and tall. Happy baking 🥖😊

Sometimes, I think it's about the recipe! 📜 Make sure to use a tried-and-tested popover recipe with the right proportions of flour, eggs, and milk. Though, experimenting with different recipes can be fun too! :)

Hello peeps!! I'm a bit of troubled with my popovers 😭 They always seem to sink in the middle after I take them out of the oven. Any tips or tricks to keep them fluffy and tall? Would love to hear your experiences! 🥹
To prevent popovers from sinking, here are a few tips I think might help. First, make sure your popover batter is well mixed but not overmixed. Overmixing can lead to deflating. Secondly, preheat your popover pan in the oven before adding the batter. Then, when you pour the batter into the hot pan, the immediate heat helps the popovers rise properly. Lastly, avoid opening the oven door while the popovers are baking to maintain a consistent temperature. These steps should hopefully result in beautifully puffed popovers!

Hey! To keep popovers from sinking, make sure your oven is fully preheated, avoid opening the oven door while they bake, and pierce each popover with a knife when they're done to release steam. Hope this helps! 🤞🍞

Back