How do you thicken goulash?

matchaberry

Culinary Explorer
Help! Home cooks! 🌟 I'm on a mission to perfect my goulash, and I need your help! 🤔 How do you thicken it up just right? 🍲 I'm curious about all the useful techniques you might use—flour, cornstarch, or maybe something else entirely? Enlighten me to this delicious mystery!🥘

Hey! Adding a flour or cornstarch slurry is a classic way to thicken goulash 🥣 But hey, I've found that a little tomato paste or just letting it simmer for a while works wonders too 😉 Play around and see what consistency you like best! (y)

Use flour, bro. Just mix it with some water to make a paste, then add it to your goulash. Stir it in and let it cook for a bit longer till it thickens up. Works like a charm... 👍🏼🍲

I think there are a few ways you can thicken up your goulash just right, though! I've heard adding a handful of breadcrumbs or grated potatoes, can add a subtle thickness and extra flavor. If you're feeling adventurous, you could also toss in a dollop of sour cream or yogurt towards the end of cooking for a creamy texture🍲

Hey! To thicken your goulash, try mixing a bit of flour with water to make a slurry 🍲. Stir it into the simmering pot and let it cook for a few minutes until it thickens up nicely. Easy fix for a hearty meal! 🥄😊

Back