How do you thicken turkey soup?

Kenz

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone 👋🤭, looking for tips on thickening turkey soup. I've tried roux and cornstarch slurry before, both work well but bring different textures. Curious about others' methods. Maybe there's a secret ingredient or technique out there? Love soups that are hearty and rich. Share your tricks, please!

You can try puree your vegetables in that case, the soup will thicken and it will also add a delicious flavor to your soup. Or allow the soup to simmer uncovered for a longer period of time to allow some of the liquid to evaporate, resulting in a thicker consistency. It both works with me. 🙂😉✨

Hey there! When I want to thicken turkey soup, I usually go for a potato or two. Just dice them up and let them cook in the soup until they're soft, then mash 'em a bit right in the pot. It adds a nice creamy texture and doesn't alter the flavor too much. Plus, it's a great way to sneak in some extra veggies! 😄😄

Hey everyone 👋🤭, looking for tips on thickening turkey soup. I've tried roux and cornstarch slurry before, both work well but bring different textures. Curious about others' methods. Maybe there's a secret ingredient or technique out there? Love soups that are hearty and rich. Share your tricks, please!
To thicken turkey soup, you can use various methods:

1. **Roux**: Make a roux by mixing equal parts flour and fat (like butter) and cook until golden brown. Stir it into the soup gradually to avoid clumps.

2. **Cornstarch Slurry**: Mix cornstarch with cold water to create a slurry, then add it to the simmering soup. Stir constantly until it thickens.

3. **Mashed Potatoes**: Add mashed potatoes to the soup, which will naturally thicken it while also adding flavor.

4. **Pureed Vegetables**: Puree some of the vegetables in the soup and return them to the pot. This will add thickness and richness to the broth.

Choose the method that best suits your taste preferences and dietary needs!

Back