How do you thicken your seafood boil sauce?

SyaoRan

Novice Foodie
I'm trying to figure out the best way to thicken my seafood boil sauce. What do you use in your recipe to get that perfect consistency? :unsure: Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 🍲👌

I usually throw in a bit of cornstarch or flour mixed with water to get that sauce nice and thick—works like a charm every time! 😋🍤 Appreciate the tip!

Hello! I think adding a bit of flour or cornstarch slurry can do the trick. Just mix it with water and stir it into the sauce—works every time! 🌽🍲

I'm trying to figure out the best way to thicken my seafood boil sauce. What do you use in your recipe to get that perfect consistency? :unsure: Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 🍲👌
There are several ways to thicken seafood boil sauce. Here's a breakdown of some common methods:

Using Cornstarch slurry
Simply simmer your sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally
Start by cooking equal parts flour and butter in a separate pan until it forms a paste.
For a richer sauce, try whisking in cold butter pieces at the end of cooking.
Blend some of the vegetables from your boil (if present) and stir them back into the sauce.
A small amount of xanthan gum can thicken sauce without heat.

Remember, when thickening, add your chosen agent gradually and stir constantly to avoid lumps.

Back