How long can you use simple syrup?

TheAmericanNightmare

Novice Foodie
Hey all, curious about how long you can keep simple syrup going in your fridge before it turns bad. Made a batch for cocktails, and I've seen everything from a week to months. Anyone here got the real scoop on shelf life? My mixology game could use some solid advice.

Hey all, curious about how long you can keep simple syrup going in your fridge before it turns bad. Made a batch for cocktails, and I've seen everything from a week to months. Anyone here got the real scoop on shelf life? My mixology game could use some solid advice.
Bro, based on my experience, simple syrup can last in the fridge for about a month, as long as it's sealed tight. But if it starts smelling funky or getting cloudy, it's time to ditch it and make a fresh batch.🍹👍

Bro, based on my experience, simple syrup can last in the fridge for about a month, as long as it's sealed tight. But if it starts smelling funky or getting cloudy, it's time to ditch it and make a fresh batch.🍹👍
Agree on this! But If you like to extend the shelf life of your simple syrup, you can also consider adding a small amount of vodka or other neutral spirit to act as a preservative. This can help inhibit the growth of mold and bacteria and extend the syrup's storage life. 👌👌😉

Back