How long should I chill sugar cookie dough?

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
Hey, fellow bakers! I've been wondering about chilling sugar cookie dough. How long do you usually let yours sit in the fridge before rolling and cutting? I've heard various times thrown around, but I'm curious about your tried-and-true methods. Looking forward to hearing your experiences and tips!

Though it might be tempting to skip chilling, I've noticed that the dough spreads less and yields a chewier cookie when chilled. 🌟

Though it might be tempting to skip chilling, I've noticed that the dough spreads less and yields a chewier cookie when chilled. 🌟
Though it might be tempting to skip chilling, I've noticed that the dough spreads less and yields a chewier cookie when chilled. 🌟 ;)

Chill sugar cookie dough for about 30 minutes to an hour—it's like giving it a quick power nap to firm up and make it easier to handle! Then, you're ready to roll, cut, and bake your way to cookie perfection! 🍪💤
Allow the chilled cookie dough to rest for about 30 to 1 hour just right as you give it a quick power nap, it will be firm to handle. Finally the success is waiting for your name. Rol, cut and bake for the best cookies!🍪💤

Back