How to make an authentic tamales?

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
Hey, I'm really trying to get into making authentic tamales. Kinda want to impress some friends but have zero clue where to start. Can anyone share their grandma's secrets or a no-fail recipe? Bonus points for unique fillings or tips that make the process easier. Appreciate all the help!

When I started making tamales, advice from seasoned cooks really helped. The key was soaking the corn husks well to prevent tearing, and spreading the masa thin for even cooking. It took a few tries to perfect, but now my friends love when I experiment with fillings like pineapple and jalapeño. Have fun trying different combos! 🌽✨

Hey there! Making tamales is all about love and patience, but I got you covered! Mix masa with broth & lard 'til fluffy, then spread on soaked corn husks, add filling (like spicy pork or veggies), wrap 'em up, steam 'til magic happens. Your friends will flip! Thanks a bunch for the tips!🌽🎉

Hey, I'm really trying to get into making authentic tamales. Kinda want to impress some friends but have zero clue where to start. Can anyone share their grandma's secrets or a no-fail recipe? Bonus points for unique fillings or tips that make the process easier. Appreciate all the help!
Authentic tamales involve love, patience, and some elbow grease! Get ready to soak husks, make masa dough from scratch, and simmer your favorite filling for a taste of Mexico wrapped in a corn husk.

Back