How to serve the best short ribs?

Idris

Culinary Explorer
Hey all, aiming to serve the best short ribs ever! Slow cooking is key for that fall-off-the-bone tenderness, and braising in a rich sauce enhances the flavor. I usually go with a mix of wine, herbs, and stock. Presentation-wise, laying them over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes or polenta does wonders. What tips or secrets do you have for making short ribs unforgettable?

You're spot on!! Love the mashed potato/polenta idea. For extra wow, reduce sauce after removing ribs for restaurant-worthy thickness ;)(y) Enjoy! 🤗

I like to add a little twist by finishing them off with a glaze. After braising, I remove the ribs and reduce the sauce until it's thick and glossy, then brush it over the ribs before serving. 👌😋✨

For the best short ribs, braise them low and slow until tender, then serve atop creamy mashed potatoes or a bed of buttery polenta, garnished with a sprinkle of fresh herbs for a hearty and comforting meal. 🍖🥔🌿

For unforgettable short ribs, slow cooking is indeed the way to go for that melt-in-your-mouth tenderness. Braising them in a rich sauce with wine, herbs, and stock is a fantastic idea to elevate the flavor profile. Presentation-wise, serving them over creamy mashed potatoes or polenta adds a wonderful touch of indulgence. One tip I have is to sear the ribs before braising to lock in all those delicious juices and enhance the depth of flavor. Also, don't forget to season generously with salt and pepper at every stage for maximum taste sensation. With these tips, your short ribs are sure to be a hit! 🌟🍖

For the best short ribs, braise them low and slow in a flavorful liquid like red wine or beef broth until they're fall-apart tender, then serve them atop creamy mashed potatoes or polenta with a generous spoonful of the rich, reduced cooking liquid and a sprinkle of fresh herbs for a decadent and satisfying meal. 🍖🍷

Hey all, aiming to serve the best short ribs ever! Slow cooking is key for that fall-off-the-bone tenderness, and braising in a rich sauce enhances the flavor. I usually go with a mix of wine, herbs, and stock. Presentation-wise, laying them over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes or polenta does wonders. What tips or secrets do you have for making short ribs unforgettable?
For unforgettable short ribs, I sear them first for a deep, caramelized crust before slow-cooking. My secret weapon is adding a touch of dark chocolate to the braising liquid; it deepens the flavor profile beautifully. Serving them over a silky bed of mashed potatoes with a sprinkle of fresh herbs makes them absolutely irresistible. ☺️;)

Back