Hungarian Chicken Paprikash

Stark

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I’m excited to share a comforting and flavorful dish: Hungarian Chicken Paprikash. This rich and creamy chicken stew is perfect for a hearty meal. Let’s get started!
544×458
80.4 kB

Hungarian Chicken Paprikash.jpg

Hungarian Chicken Paprikash Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
  • Egg noodles or dumplings, for serving
Instructions:

1. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, and cook until browned on both sides, about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
  4. Stir in the sweet Hungarian paprika and smoked paprika, cooking for about 1 minute until fragrant.
  5. Return the chicken to the skillet and pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
  6. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and flour until smooth. Gradually stir this mixture into the skillet, ensuring it’s well incorporated. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
  7. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
  8. Serve the chicken paprikash over egg noodles or dumplings, garnished with fresh chopped parsley.

What a rich, creamy, and perfect for a cozy night in recipe 🥰 Love the idea of serving it over egg noodles for a complete meal ..Thanks for sharing! 😍

I’ve always wanted to try making Chicken Paprikash at home. The creamy paprika sauce sounds so comforting. Thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to give it a go. 😊

I can almost smell the rich aroma of paprika and savory chicken simmering together. Have you experimented with any variations or additional ingredients to make it your own? I'm excited to try it out and bring some Hungarian flavors to my kitchen. Thanks for sharing this traditional dish with us!

Back