I am totes loving ’tis Baklava 🥧💯

beni

Tasty Apprentice
I am thoroughly enjoying this Baklava. It's absolutely delicious! The combination of flaky pastry and sweet honey is just delightful. I highly recommend trying it if you haven't already. Here’s the recipe for it (˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧

Ingredients
baklava.jpg

For the baklava:

• 1 pound chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pistachios are best, or use a combination of them)
  • 1 pound phyllo dough, thawed
  • 1 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
For the syrup:
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Finely ground pistachios for garnish, optional
Method
  • Thaw the phyllo dough according to manufacturer's directions (this may take overnight).
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
  • In a food processor, pulse the nuts until they are finely chopped. Combine with the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Roll out the phyllo sheets and cut in half so the sheets will fit in the pan.
  • Place a sheet of phyllo dough into the pan. Using a pastry brush, brush the phyllo sheet with melted butter. Repeat 7 more times until it is 8 sheets thick, each sheet being "painted" with the butter.
  • Spoon on a thin layer of the nut mixture. Cover with two more sheets of phyllo, brushing each one with butter. Continue to repeat the nut mixture and two buttered sheets of phyllo until the nut mixture is all used up. The top layer should be 8 phyllo sheets thick, each sheet being individually buttered. Do not worry if the sheets crinkle up a bit, it will just add more texture.
  • Score into 24 equal sized squares using a sharp knife. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown, and edges appear slightly crisp
  • While baking, make the syrup. Combine the cinnamon stick, sugar, lemon juice, honey, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium low heat and let simmer for 7 minutes and slightly thickened. Remove the cinnamon stick and allow to cool.
  • Spoon the cooled syrup over the hot baklava and let cool, uncovered, for at least 4 hours.
  • Garnish with some finely crushed pistachios of desired.
Indulge in the delectable flavor of this! It's so good, it'll make your taste buds do the cha-cha. Seriously, you won't be able to resist coming back for more!

Oh wow, diving into the world of Baklava, are we? 🤩🥧💯 I'm totally on board for this sweet adventure! Thanks a ton for sharing the recipe – I can practically taste the layers of flaky pastry and rich honey goodness already! 🌟🍯👌 Can't wait to whip up a batch and indulge in some seriously delicious dessert vibes. Let's get baking and savor every bite of this Baklava masterpiece! 🎉😋 #SweetTreatJoy #BaklavaLove 🙌

Baklava is indeed a delightful treat! 🍯🥮 The combination of flaky pastry and sweet honey is irresistible. Thanks for sharing your enjoyment and the recipe—I'll definitely give it a try! 😋🌟

I am thoroughly enjoying this Baklava. It's absolutely delicious! The combination of flaky pastry and sweet honey is just delightful. I highly recommend trying it if you haven't already. Here’s the recipe for it (˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧

IngredientsView attachment 1156
For the baklava:

• 1 pound chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pistachios are best, or use a combination of them)
  • 1 pound phyllo dough, thawed
  • 1 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
For the syrup:
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Finely ground pistachios for garnish, optional
Method
  • Thaw the phyllo dough according to manufacturer's directions (this may take overnight).
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
  • In a food processor, pulse the nuts until they are finely chopped. Combine with the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Roll out the phyllo sheets and cut in half so the sheets will fit in the pan.
  • Place a sheet of phyllo dough into the pan. Using a pastry brush, brush the phyllo sheet with melted butter. Repeat 7 more times until it is 8 sheets thick, each sheet being "painted" with the butter.
  • Spoon on a thin layer of the nut mixture. Cover with two more sheets of phyllo, brushing each one with butter. Continue to repeat the nut mixture and two buttered sheets of phyllo until the nut mixture is all used up. The top layer should be 8 phyllo sheets thick, each sheet being individually buttered. Do not worry if the sheets crinkle up a bit, it will just add more texture.
  • Score into 24 equal sized squares using a sharp knife. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown, and edges appear slightly crisp
  • While baking, make the syrup. Combine the cinnamon stick, sugar, lemon juice, honey, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium low heat and let simmer for 7 minutes and slightly thickened. Remove the cinnamon stick and allow to cool.
  • Spoon the cooled syrup over the hot baklava and let cool, uncovered, for at least 4 hours.
  • Garnish with some finely crushed pistachios of desired.
Indulge in the delectable flavor of this! It's so good, it'll make your taste buds do the cha-cha. Seriously, you won't be able to resist coming back for more!
Another one on my list. I will let Mamshie do this! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back