I'm curious about chicken-fried steak – what kind of chicken meat do you guys use?

KarenDeel

Culinary Explorer
Hi, folks! 😊 I'm diving into making chicken-fried steak for the first time and I'm curious, what kind of chicken meat do you all use? Or wait, is it actually chicken, or something else? 🤔 Feeling a bit confused here and could use some guidance. Thanks a bunch for the help! 🍗✨

I think the dish is really made with beef, not chicken….. the name "chicken-fried" comes from the cooking method – the steak is breaded and fried in a similar fashion to fried chicken. So don't worry, you're not alone in the confusion! 🤣 Enjoy your chicken-fried steak adventure, and feel free to reach out if you need any more guidance 🍖🍳

I think the dish is really made with beef, not chicken….. the name "chicken-fried" comes from the cooking method – the steak is breaded and fried in a similar fashion to fried chicken. So don't worry, you're not alone in the confusion! 🤣 Enjoy your chicken-fried steak adventure, and feel free to reach out if you need any more guidance 🍖🍳
Absolutely! Thanks for the clarification. 😄 It's fascinating how the name "chicken-fried" refers to the cooking method rather than the ingredients. I'm definitely looking forward to trying my hand at making chicken-fried steak now. 🍖🍳

Ohh, that makes sense! 🤣 Thanks for clearing that up! 🍖🍳 Excited to embark on my chicken-fried steak adventure with confidence now! 😄👍 Appreciate your support!

Chicken-fried steak isn’t actually made with chicken—it’s a breaded and fried beef steak, often served with creamy gravy. 🍖🍽️

Back