Improved Fish Fillet Recipe

Marysweeet413

Novice Foodie
Whether you love seafood or are new to cooking, learning how to fillet fish can improve your cooking skills. Let me share this recipe that I come up with, and hopefully you can try this at home!

Ingredients:

• 4 fresh fish fillets (such as tilapia, cod, or halibut)
    k_Photo_Series_2024-01-how-to-cook-fish_how-to-cook-fish-278.jpg
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs (you can use panko for extra crunch)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for frying
  • Lemon wedges and fresh parsley for garnish
Instructions:

Step 1: Start by patting dry the fish fillets with paper towels. This helps remove excess moisture and ensures a crispy coating later on.

Step 2: Set up your breading station. In one shallow dish, place the flour seasoned with salt and pepper. In another dish, beat the eggs until well combined. In a third dish, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.

Step 3: Dip each fish fillet into the flour mixture, coating it evenly on both sides. Shake off any excess flour.

Step 4: Next, dip the fillet into the beaten eggs, making sure it's fully coated.

Step 5: Finally, coat the fillet with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to help the crumbs adhere.

Step 6: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, carefully place the breaded fish fillets into the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy. Remember not to overcrowd the pan; you may need to cook the fillets in batches.

Step 7: Once cooked, transfer the fish fillets to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.

Step 8: Serve your crispy fish fillets hot with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of fresh parsley for that extra burst of flavor. You can also pair them with your favorite dipping sauce or a side of roasted vegetables for a complete meal.

Tip! Freshness is key here – look for firm, shiny flesh with no fishy odor.

Attachments

• k_Photo_Series_2024-01-how-to-cook-fish_how-to-cook-fish-278.jpg
    k_Photo_Series_2024-01-how-to-cook-fish_how-to-cook-fish-278.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 41
WOW, those ingredients look fantastic for a fish fillet recipe! I love the combination of flavors you've got going on there. Can't wait to give it a try and impress my family with a tasty dinner. Thanks for sharing! 🐟🍽️

looks like I'll not be having a hard time thinking what to prepare for lunch! thanks for this, healthy ingredients of this meal with a real good taste made me want to have it in an instant! thanks for sharing.

This revamped fish fillet recipe is a game-changer! :love::love: The zesty lemon and garlic marinade infuse every bite with flavor, while the crispy golden coating adds a satisfying crunch. It's a simple yet impressive dish that'll have everyone asking for seconds. Trust me, you won't be disappointed! 🫣

Thank you for sharing your improved fish fillet recipe! It sounds like you put a lot of effort into perfecting it, and I can imagine how delicious it must be with the updated ingredients and techniques🤩

Oh, those ingredients seem perfect for a fish fillet dish! The mix of flavors you've chosen is just delightful. I'm eagerly looking forward to testing it out and surprising my family with a delicious dinner. Thanks a bunch for sharing!

Back