Irresistible Cheesy Baked Cod

fluffyiyoyo

Culinary Explorer
You guys ever get a random smell that totally blasts you back to your childhood? :unsure: For me, it's the smell of Mom's epic Cheesy Baked Cod wafting through the house. This dish was basically the king of our dinner table, and let me tell you why ..It takes boring cod and turns it into a total party for your tastebuds 😋 and I will share it to you guys today ..Let's get cookin'!

Ingredients:
  • 4 cod fillets (or any white fish fillets)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
  2. Season the cod fillets generously with salt and pepper, then arrange them in the prepared baking dish.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine the shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses. Mix well to create a deliciously cheesy blend.
  4. Sprinkle about half of the cheese mixture over the top of the cod fillets, ensuring each one is coated in a generous layer of gooey goodness.
  5. In a separate bowl, mix together the panko breadcrumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly coated.
  6. Sprinkle the buttery breadcrumb mixture over the cheese-topped cod, creating a crispy, crunchy topping.
  7. Bake the cod for 20-25 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the cheesy topping is melted and golden brown.
  8. Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, sprinkle with fresh parsley (if using) for a pop of color and freshness.
Irresistible Cheesy Baked Cod.jpg

This recipe is straight from my mom's kitchen 😃 So grab your crew, dish up a plate of this goodness, and get ready for a trip down memory lane. Every bite is like a warm hug from Mom, reminding you of the love in every meal. Enjoy! 🤗

You guys ever get a random smell that totally blasts you back to your childhood? :unsure: For me, it's the smell of Mom's epic Cheesy Baked Cod wafting through the house. This dish was basically the king of our dinner table, and let me tell you why ..It takes boring cod and turns it into a total party for your tastebuds 😋 and I will share it to you guys today ..Let's get cookin'!

Ingredients:
  • 4 cod fillets (or any white fish fillets)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
  2. Season the cod fillets generously with salt and pepper, then arrange them in the prepared baking dish.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine the shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses. Mix well to create a deliciously cheesy blend.
  4. Sprinkle about half of the cheese mixture over the top of the cod fillets, ensuring each one is coated in a generous layer of gooey goodness.
  5. In a separate bowl, mix together the panko breadcrumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly coated.
  6. Sprinkle the buttery breadcrumb mixture over the cheese-topped cod, creating a crispy, crunchy topping.
  7. Bake the cod for 20-25 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the cheesy topping is melted and golden brown.
  8. Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, sprinkle with fresh parsley (if using) for a pop of color and freshness.
1800×1200
270.1 kB

View attachment 1120

This recipe is straight from my mom's kitchen 😃 So grab your crew, dish up a plate of this goodness, and get ready for a trip down memory lane. Every bite is like a warm hug from Mom, reminding you of the love in every meal. Enjoy! 🤗
Damn, that sounds mouthwatering! I'm definitely giving this Cheesy Baked Cod a shot ASAP. 🐟😋 Thanks for sharing the recipe, man!

WOW! I can't explain my love for cheesy dish. 😍😍 I could tell that this is so delicious and cheesy. I need to try this! Thanks for sharing 🥰👌👌

Your mom's Cheesy Baked Cod sounds like the ultimate comfort food! I can almost smell the cheesy goodness from here. Can't wait to try this recipe out for myself and see if it brings back any childhood memories. Thanks for sharing! 😋

That sounds amazing! I haven't tried cod yet because it's hard to find and a bit expensive, but your recipe has me intrigued. I can imagine the creamy cheese topping perfectly complementing the flaky texture of the cod. It sounds like a dish worth trying! 🧀🐟

Back