Is baked salmon better in the oven or pan?

aeris

Novice Foodie
Hi foodies!

Wondering if you've ever thought about whether baking salmon in an oven is better than frying in a skillet. Personally, I lean towards oven baking for that even, succulent cook. Yet, skillet-searing does offer a delightful crust.

Keen to hear your methods and tips—what's your go-to for that perfect salmon dish? 🤔

I think both ways have their upsides, though. In the oven, salmon gets a gentle cook-through, while the pan can give a nice sear for added flavor. It's about personal preference! 😉

Personally, I think it's all about balancing flavor and texture. Though oven baking tends to result in a more delicate, evenly cooked fish, pan-searing offers a satisfying crunch and caramelized exterior that some may prefer. 🥢🔥

Id do skinside up for 95% of the time to get the skin really crispy. Then flip it over for a quick flash-grill before serving.
I find that with oven baking a salmon it'll become dry...or at least thats my personal experience

Baked salmon is better in the oven because it allows for gentle, even cooking, resulting in tender, juicy fish with minimal effort.
Plus, it's easier to control the cooking temperature, ensuring that the salmon stays perfectly moist and flavorful.

Back