Is chicken tikka masala healthier than butter chicken?

Chiyah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey, foodies! Wondering if anyone else is curious about whether chicken tikka masala or butter chicken wins in the health department. Both dishes are delish, but I’m trying to figure out which might be a bit lighter on calories without skimping on flavor. Got any insights or tips? Really keen to hear what everyone thinks!

Hi! I think the sauce ingredients play a important role. Chicken tikka masala features a tomato-based sauce with spices like turmeric, cumin, and coriander, which tend to be lighter and lower in calories. While, butter chicken sauce contains cream, butter, and sometimes cashew paste, which can be higher in fat and calories. Considering these factors, I think chicken tikka masala is slightly healthier option compared to butter chicken.

Chicken tikka masala is considered healthier than butter chicken as it contains less butter and cream. Chicken tikka masala is marinated in yogurt and spices, cooked in a tomato-based sauce with some cream. Butter chicken is rich and creamy with butter, cream, and nuts, higher in saturated fat and calories. Enjoy both in moderation, but chicken tikka masala is lighter due to lower fat content.

Back