Is potato salad bad for my cholesterol?

jazzy_

Novice Foodie
Hey fellow foodies! Quick question on everyone's favorite side dish: potato salad. Wondering if it could be hiking up my cholesterol. Got a bit of a health kick going and aiming to make smarter choices. So, does anyone have insights or tips on how potato salad impacts cholesterol? Would really appreciate your thoughts here!

Hi! Potato itself actually is low in cholesterol, it is the ingredients that is used in there that may hike it up like the mayo, egg, cheese used. You can opt for more lighter ones and make sure to only have a moderate portion! 😉

Potato salad can raise cholesterol due to mayo's saturated fats. 🥔🥗Opt of lighter mayo or Greek yogurt. Choose boiled or steamed over fried. Limit fatty add-ins like bacon.🥓 Enjoy in moderation!😇

Potato salad can raise cholesterol due to mayo's saturated fats. 🥔🥗Opt of lighter mayo or Greek yogurt. Choose boiled or steamed over fried. Limit fatty add-ins like bacon.🥓 Enjoy in moderation!😇
If you're concerned about cholesterol, you can also try using a mix of regular and sweet potatoes in your salad. I think sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and antioxidants, which can help lower cholesterol levels and improve heart health. 🍠❤️

Back