Is satay just peanuts?

Joseez

Culinary Explorer
I've got a bit of a silly question—does satay involve peanuts? I always see it paired with peanut sauce, so I'm wondering if peanuts are a key ingredient in satay itself. Anyone know the answer? 🥜🤔

Absolutely, satay often comes with a delicious peanut sauce, but the satay itself doesn’t usually contain peanuts. 🍢 The sauce is what brings that nutty goodness! 🥜

Satay is not just peanuts; it is a dish originating from Southeast Asia, typically made with marinated and skewered meat (such as chicken, beef, or pork) that is grilled or barbecued. 🍢 The peanut component refers to the satay sauce, which is a flavorful peanut-based sauce used for dipping or as a marinade. 🥜

Hey there! Satay isn’t just peanuts—it's a delicious sauce made with peanuts, but it also includes ingredients like soy sauce, garlic, and coconut milk. It’s perfect for dipping or drizzling over your favorite grilled meats! 😋

Satay itself is typically skewered and grilled meat, but the dish is often served with a peanut-based sauce, which is where the peanuts come into play. 🥜🤔

Back