Is seafood boil supposed to be salty?

Ye In

Culinary Explorer
Helloo everyone! 🙂 I made a seafood boil last night. My family loved it. I guess it really tasted pretty good. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was a tad salty. Is that just me, or is seafood boil supposed to be salty? Perhaps, I could only indulge in the low level of saltiness. 🤔 Do any of you knew anything on this salty subject? Would love to hear your thoughts! 🍤🥔

Seafood boil can be salty .. Maybe next time taste the broth before adding all the salt 😊 Lemon wedges on the side help too! But hey, if your family loved it, that's all that matters 🫶

Seafood boil can be salty .. Maybe next time taste the broth before adding all the salt 😊 Lemon wedges on the side help too! But hey, if your family loved it, that's all that matters 🫶
It depends on personal preference and the seasoning used! 🦐 I think a seafood boil can be salty, especially if you're using a Cajun or Old Bay seasoning blend. Though you can control the saltiness by adjusting the amount of seasoning or adding less salt during cooking. 🌶️🌽

Seafood boil can be salty due to the seasoning used, but the level of saltiness can vary depending on personal preference and the specific recipe.🤔

Back