Italian Dressing Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Absolutely! Here's a friendly and genuine post to share an Italian dressing recipe on a discussion board:

Hey everyone!
I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite recipes with you all - my homemade Italian dressing! It's super easy to make, tastes way better than store-bought, and adds a burst of flavor to any salad. Plus, you can customize it to your taste. Here’s how I do it:

Ingredients:​

• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon honey (or sugar)
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for a bit of heat)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Combine the Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, and honey until well combined.
  2. Add the Herbs and Spices: Add in the dried oregano, basil, thyme, parsley, and red pepper flakes if you’re using them. Whisk again to mix everything together.
  3. Slowly Add the Olive Oil: While continuously whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. This helps to emulsify the dressing and keep it from separating.
  4. Season to Taste: Finally, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. You can adjust the flavors here—add a bit more honey if you like it sweeter or more vinegar if you prefer it tangy.
  5. Store: Transfer the dressing to a mason jar or any airtight container. Give it a good shake before using, as it might separate a bit over time.
    Italian Dressing Recipe.jpg
I love using this dressing on a fresh green salad with some cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. It's also great as a marinade for grilled chicken or veggies.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! Do you have any favorite add-ins or tweaks you like to make to your Italian dressing? I'd love to hear your tips and variations!

This Italian Dressing recipe is exactly what I've been looking for! 🥗😋 Can't wait to toss it with fresh greens and veggies for a delicious salad. Grazie mille for sharing!

Back