🇯🇵🍰 Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake ⋆。˚

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
My heart belongs to the Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake, and it's my current dessert obsession 💕. I'm sharing my handmade version of this delicious dessert with you after my trip to Japan. Prepare to bake and go on a gourmet journey! Let's do some culinary magic! 🍰💫

Ingredients
Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake.jpg
  • 200g cream cheese, softened​
  • 75ml half and half​
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract​
  • 20g unsalted butter, melted​
  • 1 tsp lemon juice.​
  • 3 egg yollks​
  • 30g cake flour​
  • 3 egg whites​
  • 90g caster sugar (divided, 65g/25g)​
  • unsalted butter and powdered sugar for greasing and dusting​
  • hot water for bain marie​
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/390ºF.​
  2. Grease a 4” strip of parchment paper with unsalted butter and dust with powdered sugar. Grease round of parchment with butter. Line the pan with the greased parchment.​
  3. In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and the half and half until smooth.​
  4. Add the vanilla, butter, and lemon juice and mix. Once smooth, add egg yolks and mix until incorporated.​
  5. Sift flour into the bowl, and mix well.​
  6. Strain the mix into a larger bowl and set aside.​
  7. In a stand mixer, or a separate bowl with a hand mixer, beat the egg whites with 65g of the caster sugar on medium low until the sugar is dissolved.​
  8. Raise beater speed to med-high. once the egg whites are foamy, add the rest of the sugar (25g). Beat to soft peaks.​
  9. Fold about 1/3 of the meringue gently into the batter. Once incorporated, fold the remaining meringue into the batter. Gently fold so as not to deflate the batter.​
  10. Wrap the prepared pan with aluminum foil and place it into a large baking pan.​
  11. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.​
  12. Pour about 1” of hot water into the baking pan to make a water bath.​
  13. Bake the cheesecake at 200ºC/390ºF for 20 minutes, then, without opening the oven door, lower the temperature to 130ºC/265ºF and continue baking for 40 minutes.​
  14. When baking time is finished, cool the cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly open for 10 minutes.​
  15. Remove the pan from the water bath and cool on a rack for 15 minutes.​
  16. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and serve once cooled completely.​
This Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake is a delightful treat, with its fluffy texture and delicate flavor. It's perfect with tea or coffee! 😊

I think adding a hint of matcha powder would give it a unique twist! 🍵 Though, personally, I might reduce the sugar for a less sweet flavor. 🍰

Your Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake looks amazing! 🇯🇵🍰 Love the fluffy texture and delicate flavors—it's like a slice of heaven. Can't wait to give this a try and impress my friends with a taste of Japan! Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe!

I already tried the food: I tried it and I must say, the texture is incredible. It's so fluffy and light, almost like eating a cloud. Definitely a new favorite dessert for me. 😋

Back