Jasmine Shortbread Cookies Recipe

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
Hey baking buddies! I recently baked Jasmine shortbread cookies, and let me tell you, they turned out to be a good treat! The floral aroma of jasmine combined with the buttery goodness of shortbread is simply heavenly. I couldn't resist sharing this recipe with all of you, so let's get started!
Jasmine Shortbread Cookies Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon jasmine tea leaves (finely ground)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Optional: extra powdered sugar for dusting
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Stir in the finely ground jasmine tea leaves until well combined.
  4. Gradually add the flour and salt to the mixture, stirring until a dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
  5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thickness.
  6. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden.
  8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
  9. If desired, dust the cooled cookies with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
They're perfect for afternoon tea or anytime you need a little pick-me-up. Let me know if you give them a try and how they turn out! Happy baking! 🍪🌸😊

Hey baking buddies! I recently baked Jasmine shortbread cookies, and let me tell you, they turned out to be a good treat! The floral aroma of jasmine combined with the buttery goodness of shortbread is simply heavenly. I couldn't resist sharing this recipe with all of you, so let's get started!
View attachment 2094
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon jasmine tea leaves (finely ground)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Optional: extra powdered sugar for dusting
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Stir in the finely ground jasmine tea leaves until well combined.
  4. Gradually add the flour and salt to the mixture, stirring until a dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
  5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thickness.
  6. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden.
  8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
  9. If desired, dust the cooled cookies with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
They're perfect for afternoon tea or anytime you need a little pick-me-up. Let me know if you give them a try and how they turn out! Happy baking! 🍪🌸😊
I think incorporating finely ground jasmine tea leaves 🍵 into your shortbread dough could infuse it with a delicate floral aroma and flavor! Though, if you prefer a stronger jasmine taste, you might want to steep the tea leaves in melted butter first.

Just made these jasmine shortbread cookies and they're a total hit! The delicate floral aroma from the jasmine tea adds such a unique twist to the classic shortbread flavor. Plus, they're super easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. Perfect for a cozy afternoon tea or as a sweet treat any time of day. 🍪🍪

Back