Just curious, where's picadillo originally from?

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hello, everyone! 🌎 I’ve been exploring different cuisines and got really into making picadillo. It’s so tasty! I’m just super curious, where does picadillo originally come from? 🤔 I’ve heard a few different stories and would love to know its true roots. Thanks for sharing your food knowledge! 🍲

As far as I know, the exact origins are debated, but picadillo is likely from the Caribbean or the Philippines, brought over by Spanish explorers 🤓

It's super popular in Latin American nowadays! What's your favorite way to make it? 🤔 I love it with rice and beans! 😄

As far as I know, the exact origins are debated, but picadillo is likely from the Caribbean or the Philippines, brought over by Spanish explorers 🤓

It's super popular in Latin American nowadays! What's your favorite way to make it? 🤔 I love it with rice and beans! 😄
Yes ur ryt! Picadillo has a rich history spanning Spain, Latin America, and the Philippines, with unique regional variations. 🍲

I think picadillo originally comes from Spain! 🇪🇸🥘 Though it's also popular in Latin American and Filipino cuisines.

Picadillo: a globetrotting dish with roots in Spain, but now it's the ultimate Latin American comfort food superstar! 🌎🍲

Back