Karaage Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey fellow food lovers!

I wanted to share one of my favorite Japanese recipes with you all – Karaage! 🍗 This is a super tasty and crispy fried chicken that’s perfect as a snack or part of a meal. It’s really easy to make, and trust me, it’s a hit every time. Here’s how you make it:

Ingredients:

• 500g chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp sake
  • 1 tbsp mirin
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1 inch ginger, grated
  • 1/2 cup potato starch or cornstarch
  • Oil for frying
  • Lemon wedges (for serving)
  • Optional: Japanese mayonnaise for dipping
Instructions:

1. Marinate the Chicken: In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, sake, mirin, grated garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes (longer if you have the time).
  2. Coat the Chicken: After marinating, take the chicken pieces and coat them in potato starch or cornstarch. Make sure each piece is well-coated for that extra crunch!
  3. Heat the Oil: In a deep frying pan, heat the oil to about 170°C (340°F). You can test it by dropping a small piece of bread in – it should sizzle and turn golden brown.
  4. Fry the Chicken: Fry the chicken in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for about 5-6 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
  5. Serve: Serve the karaage hot with lemon wedges on the side. I think it’s also great with a bit of Japanese mayo for dipping. Enjoy!
    Hainanese Chicken Rice Set.jpg
Hope you all give this a try and love it as much as I do! Let me know how it turns out or if you have any tweaks to make it even better.

Happy cooking! 😊

This Karaage looks absolutely delicious! 🍗🤤 The crispy coating and juicy chicken are making my mouth water. Can’t wait to give this recipe a try—thanks for sharing such a tasty treat!

Hey fellow food lovers!

I wanted to share one of my favorite Japanese recipes with you all – Karaage! 🍗 This is a super tasty and crispy fried chicken that’s perfect as a snack or part of a meal. It’s really easy to make, and trust me, it’s a hit every time. Here’s how you make it:

Ingredients:

• 500g chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp sake
  • 1 tbsp mirin
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1 inch ginger, grated
  • 1/2 cup potato starch or cornstarch
  • Oil for frying
  • Lemon wedges (for serving)
  • Optional: Japanese mayonnaise for dipping
Instructions:

1. Marinate the Chicken: In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, sake, mirin, grated garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes (longer if you have the time).
  2. Coat the Chicken: After marinating, take the chicken pieces and coat them in potato starch or cornstarch. Make sure each piece is well-coated for that extra crunch!
  3. Heat the Oil: In a deep frying pan, heat the oil to about 170°C (340°F). You can test it by dropping a small piece of bread in – it should sizzle and turn golden brown.
  4. Fry the Chicken: Fry the chicken in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for about 5-6 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
  5. Serve: Serve the karaage hot with lemon wedges on the side. I think it’s also great with a bit of Japanese mayo for dipping. Enjoy!View attachment 4990
Hope you all give this a try and love it as much as I do! Let me know how it turns out or if you have any tweaks to make it even better.

Happy cooking! 😊
Love karaage! Can't wait to try this recipe—crispy perfection every time! 🍗✨

Back