Korean Fried ChickenπŸ—

Idris

Culinary Explorer
Hi guys, Try this Korean Fried Chicken, or "KFC" as it's often affectionately called. This homemade version stays true to the authentic Korean flavors, making it a perfect appetizer or main course for any occasion.
669Γ—437
162.2 kB

koreanfriedchicken.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Chicken:

• 2 pounds chicken wings or drumettes
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Sauce:

• 1/4 cup gochujang (Korean chili paste)
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
  • Sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
  2. Pat the chicken wings or drumettes dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
  3. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
  4. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large skillet to 350Β°F (175Β°C).
  5. Carefully place the coated chicken pieces in the hot oil, working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
  6. Fry the chicken pieces for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy, and the internal temperature reaches 165Β°F (75Β°C). Transfer the cooked chicken to a wire rack or paper towels to drain excess oil.
  7. While the chicken is frying, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the gochujang, soy sauce, honey or brown sugar, rice vinegar, minced garlic, grated ginger, and sesame oil. Heat the sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly and becomes glossy, about 5 minutes.
  8. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
  9. Pour the prepared sauce over the cooked chicken and toss until all the pieces are evenly coated.
  10. Transfer the Korean Fried Chicken to a serving platter, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
  11. Serve the Korean Fried Chicken hot, and enjoy the irresistible combination of crispy chicken and sticky, sweet, and spicy sauce!
Indulge in the irresistible crunch and flavor of Korean Fried Chicken, a deliciously addictive dish that's perfect for sharing with family and friends!

Mmm, Korean Fried Chicken! πŸ—πŸŒΆοΈ Crispy, sticky, sweet, spicy - flavor overload! 🀀 Gochujang, soy sauce, honey, oh my! 🌟πŸ₯’ Let's steal the show with this homemade masterpiece! πŸŽ‰ Time to cook!

Thanks for sharing! I love the combination of flavors in the sauce, especially the gochujang and sesame oil. I might give this a try soon!

Korean Fried Chicken will always have my heart! I wanted to try this and now that you shared a good recipe here, I can't wait to have it at home! πŸ—

Back