Korean-style Hasselback Short Ribs (Galbi Jjim)

Horton

Culinary Explorer
Hi guys, I want to share this with you, the delicious Korean-style Hasselback Short Ribs. It's a mouthwatering dish that's perfect for special occasions or when you're craving a taste of Korean comfort food. So you better try it guys😄
2027×1381
384.9 kB

hasselbackshortribs.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 pounds beef short ribs, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup rice wine or mirin
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon grated ginger
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 pear, grated (optional, for sweetness)
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
  • Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine or mirin, sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, chopped green onions, grated pear (if using), and black pepper to make the marinade.
  2. Add the beef short ribs to the marinade, making sure they are well coated. Cover the bowl and let the ribs marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to develop.
  3. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
  4. Remove the marinated short ribs from the refrigerator and transfer them to a baking dish or Dutch oven.
  5. Using a sharp knife, make shallow slits or "Hasselback" cuts across each rib, being careful not to cut all the way through. This will help the ribs absorb more flavor and cook evenly.
  6. Pour any remaining marinade over the ribs in the baking dish.
  7. Cover the baking dish or Dutch oven with aluminum foil or a lid and bake the short ribs in the preheated oven for 2 to 2.5 hours, or until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
  8. Once the short ribs are cooked, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a serving platter.
  9. Garnish the Korean-style Hasselback Short Ribs with sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onions for added flavor and visual appeal.
  10. Serve the ribs hot with steamed rice and your favorite Korean side dishes, such as kimchi and pickled vegetables.
  11. Enjoy the rich and savory flavors of these Korean-style Hasselback Short Ribs with your loved ones, and savor every delicious bite!
Feel free to customize your Korean-style Hasselback Short Ribs by adjusting the level of sweetness or spiciness in the marinade to suit your taste preferences. You can also add additional ingredients like sliced onions, carrots, or potatoes to the baking dish for extra flavor and texture. Get creative and make it your own!

As a K-food lover, this recipe will surely be on my got-to-cook list! I just like how your recipe have very accessible ingredients. Thanks for the idea!;)

The combination of soy sauce, brown sugar, and all those aromatic flavors must make for an unforgettable dish. I'm definitely adding this to my must-try list. Have you ever experimented with different marinades for your short ribs? I wonder how a spicy gochujang twist would taste! 🤔🍖

Back